I was thoroughly surprised this week to be awarded not one, but TWO bloggy awards!
I have lovingly placed these badges in my sidebar and send mucho love and sloppy kisses to Kathleen and Kristin. Next up, as part of these awards, y’all get to learn some fun facts about Peach. Lucky you.
Kathleen’s questions to her Liebster recipients:
- Where would you live if you could pick any place in the world? I want to say Italy, but I haven’t been there yet!
- What is your favorite CD and why? I can listen to Mumford & Sons all day, every day. Their words hit me smack in the heart.
- Why and when did you start blogging? 2005, for no reason other than I love to write.
- Were you a jock or a nerd in high school? Both. Band nerd, academic nerd and soccer player. Overachiever, much?
- Who, besides your significant other, knows you better than anyone else? My undergrad college roommate. She and I were born 22 hours apart. We speak without speaking and know each others’ moods/quirks like our own…because they’re the same.
- What book most influenced your life? The Agony and the Ecstasy – Michelangelo’s story by Irving Stone.
- What is your biggest fear? Failure.
- What is your dream profession? Earning a living as a writer. Somehow. Some way.
- What attracts you most to someone? Humor! Make me laugh and you’ll have my heart.
- Beatles or Stones? Oh, Beatles.
And 15 random factoids about Peach, for Kristin:
- I hate vinegar. Anything vinegar-based, pickled or fermented, no thank you! Ick.
- When I was much younger I wanted to be a veterinarian. Even though I am happy today, I still wonder “what if” sometimes. Oh, to give my 18yo self the confidence I have now…
- In dating, I’ve found that my height is an effective method of weeding out insecure men.
- I have a dimple. Just one.
- I have never broken a bone, needed surgery or stayed overnight in the hospital. Knock on ALL OF THE WOODS.
- To fall asleep I need total darkness. And I cannot nap during the day, no matter how tired I may be.
- I am a classically trained musician, but that is not what I “do” anymore.
- A challenge is my biggest motivator. Tell me I can’t do something, so I can prove you wrong.
- There lies a mean temper under this sassy and fun demeanor.
- My college debt is still bigger than yours. I guarantee it.
- My first car was a big ole honkin’ truck.
- Sheets with thread counts under 600 need not apply. 1000 is preferable.
- I talk in my sleep.
- I despise being told that I’m ‘too sensitive’. No, you’re just being an asshole. Don’t invalidate my feelings. (also see #9)
- I am hyper-observant. I notice even the smallest of the most inconsequential details. It freaks some people out.
Thank you again, Kristin and Kathleen! Have a great weekend, everyone.